Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship 2021/2022 for Women from Developing Countries
The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty of the Future offers PhD & PostDoctoral Fellowship to Women from Developing Countries. Each year, The Faculty for the Future fellowships, Launched by the Schlumberger Foundation, are awarded to women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or post-doctoral study in the physical sciences and related disciplines at top universities for their disciplines abroad. Grant recipients are selected for their leadership capabilities as for their scientific talents, and are expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers and inspire other young women.
Application Deadline: 9th November 2020 for the 2021 Fellowships (the deadline for reference letters is November 16th, 2020)
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries and Emerging Economies
To be taken at: Top universities abroad
Accepted Subject Areas: Physical sciences and related disciplines.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a woman;
- Be a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy;
- Wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related disciplines;
- Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university/research institute abroad;
- Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
- Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
- Hold an excellent academic record.
Number of fellowships: Several
Value of Award: Faculty for the Future grants are awarded based on the actual costs of studying and living in the chosen location, and is worth USD 50,000 for PhDs and USD 40,000 for Post-doctoral study. Grants may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation and recommendations from supervisors.
For more information, visit: https://www.fftf.slb.com/