Chinese government scholarship for the year 2021-2022
With a view to enhance educational cooperation between China and Pakistan, the Chinese Scholarship Council, Govt. of China is offering Pakistani students/scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese Universities. On behalf of Govt. of Pakistan, HEC is nominating agency for these scholarships in the academic year 2021-22. China Scholarship Council (CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China, is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Qualified applicants can apply for scholarship for undergraduate/bachelors, masters & doctoral/PhD programs in respective field of studies.
Designated Chinese Universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal Studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy and Fine Arts etc. for scholarship recipients at all levels.
Chinese Government Scholarship Program sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to undertake degree studies (Undergraduate, Master’s & PhD) including preparatory Chinese language studies for one year in some degree programs.
Tuition Funds. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
Accommodation: Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy to each awardee.
Stipend: As per China Govt. Scholarship Program.
Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month (Min)
Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month (Min)
PhD students: CNY 3,500 per month (Min)
Travel expenditure would be borne by the scholarship winners themselves. HEC will have no financial responsibility.
- Applicants must be Pakistani/AJ&K national. Dual nationality holders are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants with incomplete degrees on closing date of application are not allowed to apply.
- Applicants for undergraduate/bachelors program must have intermediate/A-level/FA-FSC (12 years) of education and be under the age of 25 at the time of application.
- Applicants for Master’s program must have a Bachelor’s degree (16 years) and be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants for PhD/Doctoral program must have a Master’s degree MS/MPhil (17/18 years) and be under the age of 40 years at the time of application.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship currently.
Note: The deadline to submit online application on HEC portal is Monday, 18th January, 2021
For more information: https://www.hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/lao/CSC/Pages/default.aspx