The Clarendon Fund scholarships open to all graduate (Masters, MBA and Doctoral degree) applicants regardless of Nationality for entry at University of Oxford, UK. The Clarendon Fund offers around 140 full scholarships every year to academically excellent graduate students from all around the world. The scholarships cover tuition and college fees as well as a generous grant for living expenses, and all graduate applicants who apply for study at the University by the January deadline, will be automatically considered for this prestigious scholarship funding.
Application Deadline: The closing date is 8th– 22nd January 2021; dependent on the course of study.
Eligible Countries: All.
Host Country: University of Oxford, UK
Accepted Subject Areas: All subjects can be funded by a Clarendon Scholarship.
Type: Masters, PhD
Selection Criteria: Selection criteria vary slightly depending on the subject area and whether applicants apply for a taught or research degree, but include:
- An excellent academic record is essential:
- A high first class honours degree or its equivalent (a GPA score of at least 3.7 if the mark is out of 4, noting that most successful candidates achieve a score higher than 3.7) or an outstanding academic record at Master’s level is necessary.
- Other indicators of high academic achievement may include individual marks on student transcripts; evidence of previous university prizes or awards;
- Information on your overall position within your cohort; and publications (if applicable).
- Aptitude for the proposed course of study.
- Student motivation: This is assessed through evidence of the applicant’s commitment to their proposed course, evaluated by the personal statement and referees’ reports.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Candidates applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford are eligible. This includes students who are currently studying for a Master’s degree at Oxford but who will be re-applying for a DPhil (you would be eligible for funding for the DPhil).
- Scholarships are tenable in all subject areas and open to candidates who will be starting a new course.
Value of Award: All Clarendon Scholarships cover tuition and college fees in full and a generous grant for living expenses.
Duration of Program: Clarendon Scholarships are offered for the full period that you are liable to pay tuition fees to the University, which is usually the same as the length of your course
How to Apply:
- If you apply for a full- or part-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford by the January deadline for your course, you will automatically be considered for a Clarendon Scholarship.
- You do not need to submit any additional documents specifically for the Clarendon Scholarships and there is no separate scholarship application form.
For more information: