This challenge provides a platform for speakers aged 9 to 24 to realize their potential, raise their voice, and share it with others.
Public speaking is a vital day-to-day and professional life skill for young people. WeVoi aims to unify participants from every walk of life to develop and appreciate this ability, to speak their mind and share their thoughts on an international online platform. Participants finish the competition enhancing their confidence and learning how to develop and structure their opinions.
This exciting competition is open to young minds from all over the world. There are 2 stages: WeVoi National and WeVoi Global (both are conducted online). Every young speaker has a chance to participate in both WeVoi National Rounds and qualify for the WeVoi Global Rounds. Speakers have a chance to participate in one or both National Rounds; the best out of both will be considered for qualification for the WeVoi Global Round.
Every year, WeVoi changes themes and encourages participants to give their voice to new ideas. All participants are given a certificate of participation, and the top 3 in each age category earn a monetary award in WeVoi Global. Successful speakers in WeVoi National also have the opportunity to present their winning speech in their own countries.
This online platform helps young speakers voice their ideas and be heard.
If you’re someone who wants your views to be known, or if you simply want to improve your public speaking and communication skills, or if you think that your mind and heart should be voiced, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The 2020-2021 WeVoi Challenge
“SPEAK YOUR MIND EVEN IF YOUR VOICE SHAKES”- Maggie Kuhn
The competition is divided into two rounds:
1-WeVoi National : WeVoi National is organized twice a year with two different topics. Speakers may participate in one or both of them.
2-WeVoi Global : WeVoi Global is held once a year. Speakers, who qualify from the National Rounds, gain the opportunity to participate in the Global Round.
Both WeVoi National and WeVoi Global are conducted online.
WeVoi National is open to all participants within the four age categories. Participants submit a video of themselves delivering a speech on the given topic.
All submissions receive a certificate of participation. Submission deadlines for this year are 18 December, 2020 for the First National Round and 5 March, 2021 for the Second National Round.
|WeVoi National||Topic||Last Date to Send Submission|
|WeVoi National Round 1||
In an Ideal World…..
18th December, 2020
|WeVoi National Round 2||
My Voice Matters…..
5th March, 2021
UPLOADING YOUR VIDEO TO YOUTUBE:
- Please choose UNLISTED in the PRIVACY settings while uploading.
- Title of your video has to be: WeVoi 2021 National Your Country: Your Title
- For instance: ” WeVoi 2021 National Spain: Love the Freedom “
- The description and tags of the video should contain ” WeVoi 2021 National “
How to Register:
Register and submit your video for the National Round 2
After signing up you will receive fee submission details.
Disclaimer- Any errors or omissions in the form will the responsibility of the registrant. In case of failure to send us a photo of your paid receipt at the given address and time, we will not be responsible for registering you.
Submission Deadline: 5th March, 2021
Individual Participation Fee for National Round 2: 3,000 PKR
General Rules and Regulations:
- Submission of the videos is a must.
- Speeches must have been originally prepared by the participant for WeVoi. If statistics and quotes are used, they must be referenced (mentioned in the speech). Participants may be disqualified by the jury if plagiarism is found.
- Speeches must be delivered in English.
- Speeches must be related to the given topic.
- Names, logos, uniforms of schools/institutions and/or any similar advertising and promotional materials should not be displayed in the videos.
- Speeches should not include any gender, racial, religion and cultural stereotypes, bias or any derogatory expression.
- Speeches must be clear, comprehensible and appropriate.
- All videos which are sent for WeVoi cannot be used in any other social media before the competition is held. All rights pertaining to the videos belong to WeVoi.
- Participants must qualify for WeVoi Global through WeVoi National. Decisions regarding qualification for WeVoi Global are made by the WeVoi juries.
- Entrants cannot contact the judges before or during the competition and the judge’s decision is final.
For more information visit: WeVoi
If you have any queries or questions feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org | Info@eyeonivy.com or call us at +92 423-5958444 or +92 318 7272100